Friday, June 10, 2005

OH MY HELL… GET THIS!!!

So there was a woman I saw for a brief moment in time. A woman who was far more into me than I was her. We didn’t see each for very long.

She had sent me a poem during the time we saw each other. She said she thought of it while at a friend’s house. The structure, the rhythm and the way it rhymed were, well, Dr. Seuss-like. I never said anything to her about it - it was the thought that counted.

Then, while I was out of town recently, she said she was working on another poem for me. I had no idea what was in store.

What I found in my email when I got home was this:

I whisper your name good night before I fall to sleep. I have your image in my mind as I drift off. I sleep knowing tomorrow I will do it all over again.

I close my eyes. I see you. You're so beautiful. The most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on. I smile, knowing you are with me. I think about you and how you feel, smell, taste. My desire for you is intense.

Feel the electricity as my fingers tease your supple body and the musky perfume of passion fills every corner of the room. Revel in the sensual softness of my skin against your warm body. Dance with me in endless rhythmic waves of pleasure as the music of our breathing becomes our metronome. Explore the heights of ecstasy and the depths of desire as we find our essence in worship of divine Shakti.


I am a tantrika and I long to find a woman with whom to share my desires and worship as the goddess she is.

Open the door to yourself…

It was immediately very clear to me that the same person did not write both poems. I called Hot Toddy and was telling him about the two poems. I read him the first – we giggled a little.

I read him the second poem (above) and he immediately blurted out, “She did NOT write that poem. There’s no way. The two writing styles are completely different.”

Though I vehemently agreed with him, I was just going to dismiss it. It seemed unworthy of my time since I had, the night before, ended the relationship.

He suggested I Google a line of the poem just to see if I could discover its origin. Not really caring to expend one more minute of my time on it, I pulled the procrastinators classic line, “I’ll do it later.” I mean, why put off today what you can put off until day AFTER tomorrow!

So today during a lull in Toddy’s day, he Googled it for me. And guess what he found listed under Craigslist in the women seeking women section? That’s right. Here it is:

Date: 2005-05-28, 9:42PM PDT

Feel the electricity as my fingers tease your supple body and the musky perfume of passion fills every corner of the room. Revel in the sensual softness of my skin against your warm body. Dance with me in endless rhythmic waves of pleasure as the music of our breathing becomes our metronome. Explore the heights of ecstasy and the depths of desire as we find our essence in worship of divine Shakti.

I am a tantrika and I long to find a woman with whom to share my desires and worship as the goddess she is.

I seek a woman who is confident, mature, open-minded, knows how to live in the moment, takes care of herself and understands the power of sexual healing.

Open the door to your Self…

The date and time appear to be when it was posted to Craigslist. May 28th. While I was out of town.

So, here are my observations:

1. If she pilfered it from Craigslist, well, how pathetic is that – passing off someone else’s writing as her own?

2. If she wrote it herself, why did she post it to Craigslist in the women seeking women section while I was out of town when, at the time, we were still seeing each other?

3. Did she seriously think I wouldn’t have figured this out? Eventually, I would have gotten around to researching it. I mean, if you’re going to kype poetry (or a personal ad of someone else’s), wouldn’t you kype it from Craigslist in New York and not in our own home town?

You have NO IDEA how much Confrontational-Aub wants to call her on her on this. Unfuckingbelievable. I should respond to the email in the ad and meet this woman just to see who it is.

It took Hot Toddy and another friend talking me out of calling her. “All it’s going to do is stir everything up in your life again. Don’t do it.”

“But, this is a confrontational person’s dream come true. It’s black and white. I can’t let her think she got away with this.”

“Yes, you can” Hot demanded. “It isn’t worth it. Let it go.”

“But I can’t! I’m busting at the seams! I have no self-control regarding this!”

“Then you better find it…. *long pause*…If you have to get it off your chest then blog about it.”

And here I am. Writing about this insanity. I can honestly say that it’s peeled me down off the ceiling and some of the power has gone out of it. Once again, Hot Toddy was right (I hate it when that happens).

I can’t help but imagine the fun I would have had if I could have done this face to face. Good Goddess, a girl can dream though! Or the girl can “…be a tantrika looking for a woman with whom I can…” Puhlease.

No comments: