Thursday, March 09, 2006

Birthday Beach Bash

I am very excited today. I have something very cool to look forward to. A birthday beach bash with my some of my fam. Tomorrow Pony and Chopper, Hot Toddy, JR and Vidal, Young Stud, Ren and I are heading to the coast to celebrate my birthday. Okay, perhaps not so much celebrating my birthday but that's what initially brought us together.

The house we will be staying in is a $1m home right on the beach. May the Patron, Whiskey and Beer flow freely. Bring it on!

I'm dropping Aries off with my niece, The Model, tomorrow morning. The two of them have a day of festivities planned. Aries is so excited to hang out with her cousin that it's all she's talked about. She actually gets so excited she starts to cry when she mentions it.

All of this on the heels of a pretty nice birthday itself. I received gifts this year that were truly from the heart of those closest to me. You all know what Ren gave me. Hot Toddy gave me the funnest prize ever. A one-year subscription to my favorite smut rag in the whole world...People Magazine. That's right, I read that piece of trash...what are you gonna do about it? Huh?!

Anyhoo. Pony gave me a beautiful painting that is exquisite and took my breath away when I opened it. He also gave me a candle cover that illuminates the walls and ceiling with a sun design. I'm constantly burning candles so it was perfect.

The Professor and The Mathmetician gave me a copy of The Da Vinci Code and scribed some beautiful sentiments inside the cover. I was moved. Especially when I flipped through the book to find a gift certificate to one of my favorite leather shops in town...and no, I'm not talking about a store where you can buy a leather coat.

My Sister, Skinny Girl, bought me the Bo Bice CD. Aries bought me a candle that smells just like cherry chip cake with vanilla icing. Speaking of which, Hot Toddy (and Aries) made me a cherry chip cake for my birthday - it was a little lopsided and had globs of icing...just like my Mom used too make.

Hot, Pony, The Professor and Aries all took me to dinner at Kennedy School. We had a relaxing evening with Patron Margaritas made with fresh limes, tasty beer and "awesome rootbeer." It was an engaging evening until the boys spotted a built guy with huge biceps in a tight t-shirt and the evening turned into a lot of rubber-necking and trips to the bathroom and to the bar where you can smoke. You know...a typical evening with My Boys. I wouldn't have it any other way.

With all that's gone on with me lately, it was hard to feel excited about turning 43. I love being over 40 so it's not that. I'm just outta my groove lately.

But today, none of that crap matters. Today I'm going to crank the tunes, clean my house, pack for my weekend and enjoy where I'm at - which is blessed in my life regardless of the bumps along the way, loved by those I have in my life who mean so much to me and happy.

Just so you know, I may or may not be able to write about the events that take place at the Coast. It's a lot like Vegas there...What happens at the Coast, Stays at the Coast...or not. I guess we'll have to see.

No comments: