Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Sick Kid, Part Two

Day two and the fever lives on. It got up pretty high yesterday. I'd fight to get it down alternating Tylenol and Advil every three hours but the minute the medicine would wear off up the fever would go.

It's so hard to see my baby girl sick.

She laid on the couch, her entire body shivering - she was under three blankets. No wonder I couldn't get her fever down. She was so extremely warm to the touch. When you have kids, you want so badly for them to be healthy, happy, balanced people. You do everything you can to create that world for them and then something like a fever sneaks in and you realize all you can do is try all the tricks in the Parents Handbook you get when you decide to have children...oh, wait, there ISN'T ONE.

When I was sick as a child, my Dad would go to the 7/11 and get me Big Sticks and 7-Up. he told me that those two things could cure any illness you have (that, or a shot of Kentucky Bourbon and I only have Patron Silver). So yesterday I ran the grocery store and bought soup, Big Sticks, and 7-Up.

Though she's still fighting a fever today it is lower than it was yesterday. Is it possible my Dad was right?

No comments: