Friday, February 03, 2006

When in doubt, I asked a Guru

When I wrote my last post, I was experiencing a feeling of being lost even though I know who and where I am. I knew it was going to take someone whose path in life had more experience from which to draw than my own.

I have a blog friend, a person whom I've never met other than comments and emails, that I contacted for help. This man is someone that I have admired and respected from the moment I read his words. His insightfulness and clarity speaks to me daily. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't imagine what it will be like when I have what he has spiritually. His life, his path, his depth makes me want to be a better person and spiritually wiser.

Given a different set of circumstances one might say it was jealousy. However, jealousy is depicts such an ugly connotation and is typically indicative of someone having something you want that you may or may not ever have. In this particular instance, I have what he has it's just on a smaller scale. He is the Master and I the student.

The gentleman to which I am referring is Gurustu. I had never spoken to Guru before last night. In fact our communication had been limited to emails and very few at that, but I knew he could help me. I knew that conversing with him would get me back on track and it did.

Gurustu is not my personal therapist. I simply knew that because of his spiritual nature and his connectedness with the Universe that he would "get me." I walked away from our conversation feeling whole again. Not because someone else made me feel that way but because he reminded me of what's real.

With all the chaos that has been in my life the last couple of months, I had lost sight of... me. I don't know that I will ever be able to thank Gurustu for all he did for me last night. I felt peace last night for the first time in over a month. I slept well and awoke feeling glad to be me. I love who I am and I am blessed in so many ways.

I got a lot accomplished today. They may not have been items on my "laundry" list that was so important yesterday morning. In fact, none of them were items on the list that seemed important yesterday. Today I turned inward and thought about me and my truth and what I needed to do to put the balance back into my life and from there it was easy.

Gurustu's website is my homepage. It has been for quite a while now. I go there everyday if even if it's just for five minutes because every day I gain something from his insight and that which he shares. If you haven't ever looked at his website, do so. You won't regret it.

So, Gurustu, thank you for helping me find what had been missing. Success is truly in the journey and in living true to my path. I look forward to the next time we talk.

No comments: