Friday, December 14, 2018

My How Things Have Changed

My blog, how I've missed you.

I've been wanting to write for quite awhile.  I've been thinking about it anyway.  Not for anyone else; just for me.  The age of Facebook moved all of us bloggers from blogdom where we had aliases to protect the innocent, to a platform where we identify who we are online and we share things about ourselves and our lives that open us up to being hacked and stalked and judged. 

Don't get me wrong, I do my fair share of judging.  As a single mom who can't really afford luxurious vacations, I judge everyone who takes multiple vacations a year.  It's jealousy, I know, so save me the lecture.  And I judge people to complain nonstop because...why?  It's exhausting.

Dare I mention how everyone makes their life seem so great?  I have one friend, MzOuiser, who's honest about where she's at in life, whether the kids are sick, she's depressed or she had a kick ass day.  She's real and transparent and unashamed.  I love her posts.

I pulled my blog up and read through some of the old posts.  What a time it was back then.  I started my blog in 2003 (I think. I'll have to go double-check).  That's 15 years ago.  Where the hell did the time go?

I wrote about raising my kid, drinking with Hot Toddy and boys, and shenanigans.  I was taking any kid-free time I had filling it with stuff and writing about it.  If I thought it was funny, I had to hit the keyboard.  I thought about deleting the posts but it's all part of the story. 

The story is very different now.

Auburn Aries is 21 now.  I don't hit bars anymore.  Hell, I rarely drink anymore.  I'm still single (that hasn't changed). At 55, hormone replacement therapy is my friend.  And I know more than ever how hard raising a kid on your own is.

There's stuff to get back onto the pages of my blog but for now, I'll call it a day.  I'm so happy that I opened the laptop and got started. 

 



1 comment:

Just an average girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.