Thursday, March 24, 2005

Crystal Ball(s)

I’m kidless. I don’t know what to do with myself. Auburn Aries’ Dad gets her for half of Spring Break and as such we made the swap yesterday evening. In as much as being a single parent is a difficult but rewarding job, I always look forward to my time alone. I get to be a grown up without dependencies for a little while.

Does anybody wanna do anything with me?

Truth is, by the third day I really start missing her. Missing, is that little voice asking if she can have a doll, Every. Single. Time I go to the store. Missing, is that sleepy-eyed little girl wandering toward me with her eyes half open to give me a morning hug; wrapping her warm little arms around my neck and resting her head on my shoulder. Missing, is her laughter that makes my heart complete.

Eh, who am I kidding. Though those things are true, very true, I was actually able to go out last night and have a couple of Patron Margaritas with a friend without having to hurry home to make sure my underage babysitter could be home by 10:00.

I set my alarm for 5 a.m. instead of 4:15 and slept in.

After I finished my make-up this morning, I got dressed and walked out the door. No discussions about what Aries was going to wear. No decisions about what she wanted for lunch. The sense that I was forgetting something haunted me like What Lies Beneath with Harrison Ford and that smokin’ piece of ass Michelle Pfeiffer – both of which I’d do - but I overcame it.

I forged ahead and made my way to the office. I got here before Ebonics Boy and enjoyed the peace and quiet.

And now, as my special treat I’m going to head over to Hot Toddy’s casa after work and get a little Vortex time before the Pure Rome Ants party given by the lovely Juju. It’s dildo time and I’m thinking I need to add something new to my repertoire. I mean, I am single and not getting laid right now. Is that not the saddest news EVER?

Interestingly enough, I’ve never purchased new “hardwear” (get it, hard-ware, bah ha ha) at a party with a room full of gay men. It’s going to be fun to see what everyone likes. The dildo will tell all. It's going to be better than a crystal ball, I'm just sure of it.

No comments: